Catalog and Handbook
- General Information
- Financial Aid
- Student Affairs
- Academic Regulations
- Course Information
- Code of Conduct
- Campus Security
- Economic Development Center
- Adult Education
- 2006-7 Catalog
- 2007-8 Catalog
- 2008-9 Catalog
- 2010-11 Catalog
- 2003-2004 Swainsboro Catalog
- 2004-2005 Swainsboro Catalog
- 2005-2006 Swainsboro Catalog
- 2006-2007 Swainsboro Catalog
- 2006-2007 Swainsboro Addenda Catalog
- 2007-2008 Swainsboro Catalog
- 2007-2008 Swainsboro Addenda Catalog
- 2008-2009 Swainsboro Winter Spring Catalog
Flux Cored Arc Welding Certificate Program
The Flux Cored ARC Welding (FCAW) Technical certificate program prepares an individual for employment within the welding and fabrication industry as well as similar working environments where FCAW applications are required.
The demand for trained welders is great, with many well paying job opportunities available upon program completion.
There is no specific licensure that applies to either welding program. However, graduates of this program would be better prepared to qualify for select industry certifications and those employers conduct.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Meet the following assessment requirements:
Test Reading Writing Numerical Algebra ASSET 33 32 31 COMPASS 47 14 19 SAT 430 400 ACT 18 16 CPE 75 75 75
FLUX CORED ARC WELDING CURRICULUM
The standard curriculum for the Flux Cored ARC Welding (FCAW) certificate program is designed for the quarter system. Students are encouraged to begin the program in the Fall quarter to maximize their progress toward completion. However, students may begin the program any quarter. The program generally takes 3 quarters to complete. To graduate, students must earn a minimum of 18 credit hours.
|WLD 100*||Introduction to Welding||6|
|WLD 101*||Oxyfuel Cutting||4|
|WLD 103*||Blueprint Reading||3|
|WLD 153*||Flux Cored Arc Welding||5|
* "C" or higher is required for designated courses.
(OL) designation indicates course is available online in selected quarters.
(Costs are estimates and are subject to change.)